Tuesday, July 30, 2013

POEM - My Hip-Hop Soul (ft. DJ Aaroneous)

Yo! I ain’t trippin’ neither
I have the beat
Way down deep
I feel like a boss
When they kick it out
Rhymin’ and stealin’
Watchin’ the hook
Grab it then scratch it
Then throw it for another spin

I get it man
And when I feel it I just can’t stop
Cuz these hips gotta move
No lie man
I ain’t frontin’
I gotta shake it to the left
And jump to the right
Drop it down and pick it up
Then toss it into the atmosphere
Until it comes back around
And makes my spine shiver and quake

I’m sure I look like a fool
But a poet is a poet
And a poem is a poem
And hip-hop has it figured out
Spittin’ those words with attitude
Exhibiting a prowess that makes me shrink
Just throwing it down in a rap battle
While I sit here and grind out each line
Agonizing over each syllable
Somewhere there’s a kid
Laying down words
Fast and furious
With precision and prowess
Enough to blow your mind
Reduce his opponent to speechlessness
While all I can do is suffer
In jealous obscurity

Then I try my hand
Write it fast
Let it go
Then it rests in your ears

I’m a rolling down
Like an ace in the sky
With you in my sights
You can’t run you can’t hide
I spin out my words
Like bombs from tha air
Dropping them down
Where they fall I don’t care
Cuz I’m the Baron of Red
With a mission to rock
Flying right straight at you
Can you hear the tick-tock?
Your time is up
The master is here
Step off all you players
As you hear the crowd cheer


Proper . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment