Sunday, July 14, 2013

POEM - And this pocket is full and so is this one and this has a rock in it and I brought you a note and a donut in this one I think . . .

The thing
I like
A lot
Is a good pocket
Or
In fact
Many pockets
What I like is
A plethora
A bunch
An overabundance
Of cleverly placed
Well made
Hole-less
Pockets

The only reason
I  condone
The foolish tradition
Of wearing suits
Is the jacket
That monument to pockets
With one
in the upper left quadrant
Two
In the lower front region
One
On each side
At breast level
Within
And if lucky
Another
Inside
Down low
For something extra
Pocket watch
Pen knife
Plastic wrapped mints

In my youth
My most enduring dream
Was the pocketpalooza

The Venerable Overall

I wanted them
I begged for them
On occasion
I would inherit them
From my country cousin
But I grew like a weed
And our time
Was often brief

Pocket O pocket!
Holds my stuff
Holds my treasures
Holds my mysteries
Holds my heart




No comments:

Post a Comment