Wednesday, April 03, 2013

POEM - A Little Fight That Ended All Right


The uneasy silence that settled
Only to be interrupted
By intermittent explosions
Was all my fault
I got upset at one of the kids
Had to search the house twice over
Couldn’t find it
Was all in a huff
Pressed the issue a minute, or two,
Longer than it needed to be

Left everyone in a bad mood
Something I had to fix
I am the designated leader
Head of household
According to my IRS filing status
And though I prefer to file jointly
This was still all my fault

Luckily the mood wasn’t too heavy
To accept the intrusion of music
So we let the Lumineers play
Folksy contemporary and fun

Out of the corner of my eye
It looked like your leg was tapping along
I turned to look
It was just the light through the trees
A fast switch between light and dark
A trick of nature
Making the bad feelings
Flutter away with the miles
“Ho!” . . .  “Hey!”
The tune crept into all of us
Until everyone was singing along

No comments:

Post a Comment