Tuesday, October 22, 2013

POEM - The Water World Incident

A fine summer day
When I was a youth in Tucson
And I am on my way
Down the road
To the wonderland of water
To frolic in aquatic bliss
Among the varied attractions
At Justin’s Water World

I thought I was so cool
My new colorful shorts
That my mom had just made
I rode slide after slide
With nary a care

I must have looked hot
In my cool trunks
And my slender muscular teen bod
Cuz suddenly I was getting checked out
These girls were ogling my glutes
And giggling and twittering
As they discussed my obvious assets

What I didn’t know
Until I got to the bottom of the slide
Was my assets were a little too obvious
As large swathes of my tighty-whiteys
Were blatantly exposed
Through the shredded remains
Of my brand new
Not meant for water parks
            Barely there shorts

And thus play time ended
I rode my towel and the picnic table
For the rest of the afternoon
Avoided all eye contact
And made a major mental note
From now on
Store bought
Swim trunks

Only!



No comments:

Post a Comment