Tuesday, October 15, 2013

POEM - Dead Lines

All
I
Can
Say
Is

There is a very good reason
Deadlines
Are called
Deadlines
As I crease lines in my furrowed brow
Scratch lines through my thinning hair
Watch line after line of incoherent data
Lead me in a straight line
To an unavoidable
Possibly early
Death

Well, I just want to scream
Take my wireless mouse
And introduce it to the window
Forcibly
At high velocity
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

And now my problems are a big pink bubble
And I pile some more in
And I blow on the delicate sphere
Sending it floating gently into the universe
Until . . .
            It. . .
                        Goes . . .
                                                           
POP!!!
So
Very
Satisfying
The
Sound
Of
Dead
Lines
Passing!




No comments:

Post a Comment