Monday, October 14, 2013

POEM - IN MY ( ) POCKET

IN MY (

My little pocket
Carries in itself
A pocket of its own
A secret its keeping
Somewhere other
A slice and a crack
Letting molecules escape
Down into the lining
Dragged through the in-between space
In my suit jacket

(forget what you have
It will disappear
Or transform
The love note turns to a wadded pebble
Gum to pink un-washable stains
Your pen explodes
Your money evaporates
Your wallet and keys leave unannounced)

There is a war my friend
I carry this war with me (I carry it in my coat)

[REPORT FROM THE FRONT]
“no” prisoners
Survived the skirmish
(“no” was taken)
(trust issues mounting)
[]
where
is
my
pocket
watch
?
Will it be saf(v)e(d)[]
(correction is defection)
[END]

The jacket was retired from service
Placed in dry dock
Allowed to rot and decay
Pockets were preserved
In primordial ooze of history
Mucking up the works again and again and
We'll you just don't get the quality

)))You could “trust the quality”©,
When these things were Union Made®!
Now the Commies™ have their Sticky Fingers® in everything
Those Red Loving® so-and-sos!(((

As
dawn
rises
Frail
and
glorious
Sundry
and
sublime                                   


) POCKET





No comments:

Post a Comment