Tuesday, August 20, 2013

POEM - The Encouragement Center

It will be OK
I offered to the voice on the phone
They won’t do that
We will work it out
I can help and you can always call
Then I hung up the phone

It was an injustice
The position she was in
The terrible weight on her shoulders
A sense of doom and darkness
Creating an air of stress
When she needed sunshine and clarity

Yesterday I had been out to lunch
My wife and daughter had met me
We enjoyed a burger and fries
A delicious shake and good conversation
And on the way home we saw a funny building
The Columbia Encouragement Center

What an odd place
So we made the expected jokes
Hello? I just can’t find my reason
To wake up and brush my teeth
            Call my mom and cancel dinner
                        Tell my boss he’s a total tool
And they tell you that you can do it
            You’re good enough and deserve to be happy
                        Get back on that horse cowboy!
What a crack up!

As I finish the conversation I get a text
My daughter asks me what I’m doing
I say a coworker needed some support
She was feeling a lot of stress

My daughter is quick to text back

            Maybe she needs the Encouragement Center


No comments:

Post a Comment