Monday, January 06, 2014

POEM - Big Macs and Blue Jeans

Just the guys got to go. Father
And son of seven or eight, wide-eyed
Excited about the adventure.
Heading to the Golden Arches
Precocious as I was I wondered
How long it took to serve 24 Billion
Were we close enough to a change
That our meal
            Would make the sign roll over?
But the thought didn’t last long
Distracted by an unexpected arrival
The tray contained two big boxes
And I understood I was to partake
Of my first adult sized burger
Memorable
There were ulterior motives
But they just made the day better
The purchase included a coupon
And after the meal
I was whisked off to the store
We were both getting Levis
Thanks to promotional offers
It was like so many things
Just a reasonable excuse
To get out of the house
Spoil ourselves
And bond

Over burgers and pants







No comments:

Post a Comment