Friday, March 01, 2013

POEM - Foxy Blue


I got her as a one and a half owner
The guy had bought it for his son in college
The son had no interest in learning stick

So, I lucked out
With a 30 year old Volvo
All original interior
Owned by an old couple in Columbia
Only used for trips to market
And church on Sunday
Just 140,000 original miles
Looking like it had just rolled off the showroom floor

Now, why I wanted a Volvo, I don’t know
My dad always liked them
Talked of getting one and never did
I am now on my third
And she is definitely the best yet

In fact, you should be jealous
Cuz she’s a sweet ride
Sure, it can be a dog on hills
And there are no cup holders
And the muffler fell off last year
But just look at her, my lady blue

And I know this for a fact, you see
Went to pick up some Little Squeezers
And the guy in the taxi out front
Hailed me down
“What year’s your Volvo?”
            “Eighty-Three”
“Good for you!”
            “And she’s a stick”
“Good for you, good for you . . .
That’s a fox on wheels right there
            Good for you!”

Yes she is, sir, yes she is indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment