Sunday, March 10, 2013

POEM - Worst Sick-Day Ever


Nothing could be better
Than a sick day during the week
Conversely
Nothing could be worse
Than a sick day on the weekend

I got the worse option
Probably karma
Because I half faked a sick day on Monday
Now I have been half sick since Friday night

I would really rather have the full blown treatment
With the vomiting and the runs
That goes for 24 hours
Followed by an accelerated recovery

What I have is an iron constitution
That has decided to hold the ranks
Prevent a retreat, stall an advance
For two days, allowing me to remain
Mostly functional, teetering on the edge

It is the indecision that is killing me
Sequestered on Sunday evening
Finally heading down the sick path
While the rest of the house
Feeling better and making cookies
Look at me critically and ask their mother
“What’s his problem?”

No comments:

Post a Comment