Tuesday, November 19, 2013

POEM - The Tower and the Ant

Standing at the bottom
Of two great towers
I know they hold grain
Silos of life
A sense of security
Resplendent in gleaming white

Distracted
I crouch down
In the dust
To examine the base
Of the two great towers
Because something
Caught my eye away
From its upward gaze

In the dust I search
For what diverted me
And find finally
A stark contrast
That makes me
Ponderous

            At the base
            Of two
            Great
White
Towers
Treading in the dust
            One
Small
Black
Ant
            Carries a single grain

And if he shares the news
As ants are known to do
Soon other ants
In droves
Will shuffle through the dust
And soon
Ever so silently
Ever so steadily
Ever so patiently
Empty
The great white

Towering silos



No comments:

Post a Comment