Monday, March 20, 2017

POEM - A Healthy Way

Just because I like it
Individually
Doesn't mean it works together
Collectively
I like the lime in the coconut
I like mint in my tea
I added them together
To make a drink for me
And maybe a little vinegar
And a drop of iodine
Then some green stuff
Yep, that's chlorophyll
To make it settle down right
A swish with the stirrer
And a quick sniff of the bouquet
Then bottoms up like a champion
To get my healthy on today

But wouldn't you know it
This stuff is nasty
Makes me gag a little
I hold my nose
It burns my throat
Curls my toes
A gurgle starts to form
Way down deep in my bowels
There is no way this will end well
I can already hear the howls

So I dump it down the sink
Start the process over
They say I need tomatoes
For my man health
In any way, shape, or form
And I mostly hate tomatoes
At least I hate them raw
But I like me some salsa
And tomato soup
And this bloody mary mix that's hot
So I pour a nice tall glass
And toss back a crimson shot
A little too fast
A little too furious
As the flames run down my neck
From Tabasco and horseradish
Each in healthy measure
But I choke it down
With tears in my eyes
My ounce of lycopene
Just might prevent the cancer

I keep mixing and stirring
Trying one thing and another
I get nervous with every attempt
And my stomach a little stronger
But I'm bound to make the effort
To get in a healthy way
Even if it kills me
Just a little every day




No comments:

Post a Comment