Wednesday, March 08, 2017

POEM - Gastro-Touring

Have you been to Phoenix?
Beautiful place
There is this joint
Carolina's
You have to go there
Their tortillas are the best
And then if you want dessert
Man! Bahama Buck's is so great
Shaved ice and ice cream
Hits the spot

Hey, I'm going to Chicago
See the sights
Then you have hit Do-Rite
Best donuts ever
You won't believe how good
Oh, and you better make sure
To get a Chicago Dog
But only from this guy
With the steamed buns
And the best toppings
A total must

Going to Connecticut
It's pizza with clams
Over at Pepe Pizza on Wooster
Landing in Philly
Pretzels and cheese steaks
Texas is barbeque
New York is bagels
Muffaletta in New Orleans
Lobster in Boston
Chili in Ohio
Cheese is Wisconsin
Even got the half-smoke
At Ben's in DC

And I suppose there exists
Other things to see
But it is never my first thought
To adapt to a place
I need to taste it
Helps me see the world
Like the locals do
Walk a mile in their taste buds
Seems to get me there faster
Helps me relate
And if you ask me to tell you
About the places I go
It is the food you will meet first
That is where the spirit is
Where the real flavor lives
The inviting song
That is music to my palette



No comments:

Post a Comment