Saturday, February 09, 2013

POEM - Saturday from a Thursday Point of View


I tried to write about Saturday on a Thursday
Not a past Saturday; the next one coming up
Somehow it hasn't worked
I haven't got the swing of it yet
Especially not on Thursday
                Who gets Thursdays anyway?

But I wanted to be ready for Saturday
I will have a lot to do
I need a jumpstart after this failure

Maybe instead I could take a shower
Take it tonight to cover until Sunday
That would save a few minutes
                Live the weekend in my overalls
                Chew minty gum and wear a hat
Little things to disguise things in me
Things that are socially unapproved
Let out the secrets I keep
List out what offends
Make it a matter of public record
                I don't mind dirt and grime
                Don't own hand sanitizer
                Drank the water in Mexico
                Ate the pizza that sat out overnight
               
There it is, for whatever it means
Now I can live my life, enjoy my Saturday
Languish and roast and not act so Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment