Thursday, February 06, 2014

POEM - Some Secrets Come to Light

At the end
I have secrets to tell
Revelations yet unshared
More than I have already said

On the road home today
Listening to “Blood on the Tracks”
I recalled a time
Hard to believe
When Bob Dylan was not my favorite
And another time
When I hated U2

I’ve repented of my folly
I know now
A deeper happiness
Having accepted these flaws
Manifest in the character of my youth

Of course there was a time
Long ago
When I wouldn’t eat avocados
And I slept on my front
Refused to brush my teeth
Thought the Beatles sang “Stairway to Heaven”
And avoided tomatoes like the plague

You learn to accept a few differences
And before you know it
You are making BLTs with avocado
And actually looking forward
To the tomato
Almost as much as the bacon

So I’ve changed
So what
It was bound to happen
I’ve never been one
To hold on tight
To every little tradition
I would not be the fiddler
Too off balanced

I am Tevye’s youngest daughter
Finding loves

That break the heart of tradition





No comments:

Post a Comment