Wednesday, May 20, 2015

POEM - The Alien Abroad

Everyone feels the need 
To warn you
How bad it might be
But it wasn't bad
Or maybe I just didn't notice
It is trying to shove the world
Into a box shaped like where you are from
That makes it bad
Because if they tried to make it work
Tried to shove my life
Into a box they could understand
Things would spill out

I opted to adapt
I the alien in the room
The stranger here
I'm the one doing it wrong
Not the billion other people around me
Even if I don't like it
Even if it seems odd
Their normal is right 
Right now

So the trip was wonderful
And I was the outsider
I was the anomalie
And I liked it
And nothing was the same
Different air in my lungs
Different water in the sea
Even things with the same name
Were different
Even me with the same name
Is different






No comments:

Post a Comment